Morning Sun IT is responsible for the personal information we collect and hold. To ensure this accountability, we have developed this policy, and trained our lawyers and support staff about our policies and practices. We collect information only by lawful and fair means, and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. Wherever possible we collect your personal information directly from you, both at the start of a retainer and in the course of our representation. We use your personal information to provide legal advice and services to you, to administer our client (time and billing databases) and to include you in any direct marketing activities. If you tell us that you no longer wish to receive information about our services, or about new developments in the law, we will not send any further material. And we do not provide our client mailing lists to other firms or Third parties unless necessary.
Under certain circumstances, Morning Sun IT will disclose your personal information:
1. when we are required or authorized by law to do so, for example if a court issues a summon or subpoena;
2. when you have consented to the disclosure;
3. when the legal services we are providing to you requires us give your information to third parties your consent will be implied, unless you tell us otherwise;
4. where it is necessary to establish or collect fees;
6. if we engage expert witnesses on your behalf;
7. if we retain other law firms at your request, and on your behalf;
8. if the information is Publicly Available Personal Information, as it is defined under the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
Updating Your Information:
Since we use your personal information to provide services to you, it is important that the information be accurate and up-to-date. If during the course of the retainer, any of your information changes, please inform us so that we can make any necessary changes.
Access to Your Personal Information:
You may ask for access to any personal information we hold about you.Summary information is available on request. More detailed requests which require archive or other retrieval costs may be subject to our normal professional and disbursement fees.
If Morning Sun IT holds information about you and you can establish that it is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, Morning Sun IT will take reasonable steps to correct it.
Security and Confidentiality:
To guarantee the secure management of your trade secrets, source codes, copyrights and any information involved in the product development, we sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA).